Agent: David H Headley
Andrea Carter grew up in Ballyfin, Co. Laois in the Irish midlands. She studied law at Trinity College, Dublin before moving to the Inishowen peninsula in Co. Donegal where she lived for ten years, running the most northerly solicitors’ practice in in the country. In 2006 she returned to Dublin to work as a barrister.
She is the author of the Inishowen Mysteries, most recently Death Writes. Her first three books have been optioned for television. Her short story The Lamb which was part of the Counterparts anthology published by The Stinging Fly was shortlisted for Short Story of the Year at the Irish Book Awards 2019.
She lives in Dublin with her documentary maker husband and lurcher Liath.
- Death Writes (Little, Brown)
- The Body Falls (Little, Brown)
- Murder at Greysbridge (Little, Brown)
- The Well of Ice (Little, Brown)
- Treacherous Strand (Little, Brown)
- Death at Whitewater Church (Little, Brown)