£24k per annum (x5 days per week, Monday-Friday)
- Administrative support to Managing Director and Agents, in all aspects of their work, including managing the MD’s diary.
- Handling client (both authors and industry professionals) queries and requests.
- Updating company website regularly.
- Answering phones, and general enquiry emails when required.
- Reading submissions for the MD and Agents, and providing reports on full manuscript requests / client manuscripts.
- Supporting Agency’s social media, keeping it current and timely.
- Attending meetings and industry events, often outside of regular office hours.
- Any other general tasks required in the day-to-day running of a small and busy office.
Experience & Skills
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint, as well as MacMail / Outlook.
- Attention to detail is absolutely key, with an ability to manage several tasks at once.
- Discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality, is paramount.
- A genuine passion for books, with a wide remit (ie. taste not limited to just one specific genre).
- Educated to degree level OR have industry experience.
About DHH Literary Agency
We are an editorially-led Agency, run by passionate book lovers. With a range of experience from bookselling and collecting, in-house editorial, and television / film, our Agents are commercially aware, well-connected and skilled at helping authors develop their ideas. Founded by David H Headley in 2008, our Agency is dedicated to discovering and nurturing talented authors, whether debut or established, providing attentive, honest and personalised representation. Find out more at www.dhhliteraryagency.com.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com, placing ‘Full-Time Administrative Assistant’ in the subject line, by the 10th March 2023.